Welding & Metal Fabrication Technology
This course is designed to provide students with entry-level skills required in the various metal working occupations. Areas to be covered include oxygen-acetylene gas welding, tungsten inert gas (TIG), metallic inert gas (MIG), stick electrode arc welding processes, spot welding, drafting and blueprint reading, sheet metal forming processes, metal working power tools and hot and cold metal fabrication. Become skilled in this high tech industry! Program covers:
- Blueprint Reading
- Welding Terminology
- Gas Metal Arc & Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- Oxy-Acetylene & Plasma Arc Cutting
- Metal Fabrication and Tool use
- Shielded Metal Arc & Flux Cored Arc Welding
- All welding positions, electric arc welding
- Hands-on experience to reinforce instruction.
2 semesters / 2 term
August to June
Advanced 2nd year available
Meets 3rd year Math academic requirement for San Lorenzo Unified School District
High School juniors, seniors, and adults
Adults must attend a R.O.P. orientation prior to registration.
3 hours (daily)
8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
or 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Registration and materials fees apply.